The LAWS family cemetery was located somewhere near Whiskey Road in Ridge. Seven stones were removed and placed in the Manorville, LI NY Cemetery by Miss LILLIAN ETTA RAYNOR. There was probably other burials but I am told no other stones. I do not know the date but she lived from 1869 to 1960. She was a descendant of the LAWS family and was an active genealogist. I copied the stones in September 1972. Abbreviations: WSS - White Sandstone; SS - Sandstone; f.s. - Foot stone
Elbert N. Carter
1. LAWS d. 25 May 1811 (?) (WSS) Note: Name was possibly ANNA
2. _ (LAWS ??) d. 4 Aug. age 16 mo. (WSS)
3. BENJAMIN LAWS d. 20 Sept. 1798 age 15th year f.s. B.L. (SS) Note: Probably son of BENJAMIN and ANN ? ) LAWS.
4. Mr. BENJAMIN LAWS d. 18 Aug. 1819 age 72nd year a native of Norfolkshire, England. f.s. B.L. Note: He came to "The Ridge" with Captain Randall in 1795 after a 6 week trip from England.
5. Mrs. ANN LAWS, relick of Mr. BENJAMINE LAWS, d. 6 Aug. 1819 age 73rd year f.s. A.L. (SS)
6. JOHN LAWS d. 2 June 1832 age 53rd year f.s. J.L. (SS) Not6: He son of BENJAMIN and ANN ( ? ) LAWS.
7. ABIGAIL LAWS b. 18 Nov. 1779 d. 7 Sept. 1853 73 years 10 mo. 20 days. f.s. A.L. (SS) Note: She daughter of Whig JOHN and ABIGAIL ( ? ) SMITH and wife of JOHN LAWS above.