Emergency Action Plan
Longwood School District's Emergency Action Plan is guided by the four phases of emergency management: Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery.
Longwood's security personnel are trained using current Emergency Managementapproaches in accordance with Federal Government mandates regardingNational Incident Management Systems
Declaration of an Emergency
Longwood School District worked in conjunction with the Red Cross, Suffolk County Police Casualty Action Team and FEMA when the High School was activated as a Red Cross emergency shelter during Hurricane Irene. Shelter and food were provided for more than five hundred individuals.
The following training and exercises have been conducted at Longwood to increase the levels of preparedness and awareness to our students and staff:
- NYS Security Certification Training
- Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention©
- American Heart Association CPR/AED
- Fire Safety- Provided by local volunteer Fire Departments
- Active Shooter- Provided by the Suffolk County Police Department
- G.R.E.A.T- Provided by the Suffolk County Sherriff's Office
- Fire Drills
In the event of an actual emergency, the main webpage will provideup-to-date information. Other sources of communication may include:connect-ed telephone messages, local radio/TV stations and email.